This term 3B will explore plant life cycles through the unit, Plants in Action. As part of this unit, we would like to learn about the gardens of students in our class. One activity is ‘Garden Buddies’, where Fergus the frog, our class mascot will travel home with students on a rostered basis to investigate gardens.
The Garden Buddies travel pack contains:
- An instruction sheet explaining the tasks to be completed.
- A journal
- A garden buddy: Fergus the Frog in 3B
What the Garden buddy will do during the visit:
Each student will be rostered to have a Garden Buddy visit for 2 consecutive nights (three over the weekend). The Garden Buddy would like to explore your home garden or another garden you may choose.
When the Garden Buddy is visiting, the buddy’s journal is available to record information such as:
- The types of plants in the garden
- How the plants are cared for and the jobs that are done in the garden
- Photos or drawings of your garden with you or your garden buddy in them
Here are a list of tasks that the Garden Buddy would like you to complete when they visit your house/garden:
- Introduce the Garden Buddy to your family and show them around your garden
- Write a list of the plants that you can see
- List the jobs involved in caring for your garden
- Take a photo or draw a picture of your garden
- Have Fun! You may see or think of something else you would like to include, feel free to do so!
We look forward to hearing about your garden!